Tuesday, January 26, 2010



Hi! This is my venture into the world of blogging. I'm hoping, as I share my love of quilting, that I will inspire myself to finish some stuff!!


To start things off with a postive note, here is a photo of my first finish for the year. I bought a Wee Play jelly roll and had fun whipping this up for a new bub that has been born. No real pattern..just a basic nine patch with a border. There is still heaps left over from the jelly roll, so I hope to make another little quilt from the left overs some time soon. (in the photo you can see a set of grubby fingers and probably equally grubby chin - this belongs to no.3 child... I always wonder whether i will end up with one of my children on a psychiatrists couch someday saying, "and she dragged me into quilt shops on my holidays and made me hold up quilt tops for hours to see if the colours worked".. ;-))


And then of course, to add an element of realism to this blog, I will show you some fabric I have purchased for a project "some time in the future"..I intend to use only the blue and greens in one quilt- with a few others from my stash..and the pinks/oranges at a later date. (cough cough..bet that ends up being a well used phrase...) These fabrics are Ginger Blossom from Sandi Henderson... nice aren't they?
Well, I'll now press the "Publish Post" button and see how I go..
bye!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Sheryl, I love those fabrics, the colours are great. I can't wait to see what you do with them. xxx Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Welcome the the world of blogging :) Quilt looks great!
    lzi xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Sheryl. Love all your work. Those churn dash blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete