Sunday, August 29, 2010

What a week..

What a week! It has included:-
* A fall off a bunkbed..2 days of wondering..a trip to Accident and Emergency..conclusion - two broken bones in Sunshine Boy's wrist and now one plaster cast.
* Review of my baby's heart condition - one ECG (which needs to be done whilst they are perfectly still..eekk), made possible by a new Thomas the Tank Engine book and then one chest x-ray, made possible by the traditional pin-em-down method.
* a leaking dishwasher - puddles on the floor - now waiting for the repairman so I now have three days OF ACTUALLY HAVING TO HANDWASH MY DISHES....
* and then the usual, rain, piles of washing, fighting children, workaholic husband, and the start of terrible twos for my littlie...*sigh*

But before you start to feel sorry for me, look where I went for the weekend...
"The tanks" Forster


My family have had 48 hours at Forster, staying at my Parents- in-law's unit, across from 'The Tanks". It's such a terrific spot - a little sheltered , near waveless area, courtesy of a big line of rocks. Lots of rockpools to investigate, sandcastles to be made...and if you are lucky you can see whales making their way down the coast. (and if it's cold or rainy there is an indoor heated pool nearby!)

It's a gorgeous spot for young kids..we decided we really must come back for longer next time.
Anyway must get those plates in the sink. Have a great week!
Sheryl
PS. My Parent's-in-law rent out their three bedroom unit, so if you are ever interested, just drop me a line!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sheryl, I was starting to feel VERY sorry for you and then I scrolled down *grin*. Hope all was okay with Bub's ECG and that Sunshine Boy's wrist is healing. Master Thirteen broke his wrist a little while ago, he drove me mad with his complaints about the plaster *smile*. The beach looks gorgeous, we desperately need to get away for a few days ourselves! toni xxx

    ReplyDelete