Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The day before swimming lessons began Sunshine Boy reminded me that he needed a swimming bag (and went on to remind me that his sister had a proper one and that a Coles Green Bag wasn't going to cut it..) so off I went to find some fabric suitable for a 7 year old boy for a bag..I dislike skulls and crossbones and he dislikes "baby stuff" , so it was going to be a tough compromise. So when I found this fabric, I thought it must have been my lucky day..


Cute fishy type fabric..but luckily they are PIRANHAS..so sufficiently unbabyish for the boy... And so we ended up with this...


Now, I'm not a woman to curse much (except for at people who don't know round-a-bout rules!) but sewing with this clear vinyl plastic stuff made me say a few choice words. Such a simple pattern for a bag, but do you think I could get it to sew?? So off I went to the local sewing shop and the lovely lady there sold me a Teflon foot, which made a world of difference (and thus increased the price of making this bag by about $30..LOL!)

So now I'm off to make myself a beach bag in time for the Christmas Holiday. Do you know how impossible it is to find a bag that fits six beach towels?? My bag is going to have mermaids..... :-)
Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Sheryl. Good job finding the Teflon foot for the sewing machine too. I think the reason I no longer sew is because of severe trauma I experienced at work having to sew pieces of neoprene material together to make splints...on an old sewing machine with no cool gadgets like Teflon feet.... and yes, there were a few choice words said to it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fabric....I love finding boy friendly fabric. Isn't it great when you find the perfect machine foot!

    ReplyDelete