Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hoping the dust settles soon!

Hi there! Just thought I'd quickly check in and let you know I'm still here. I would love to be able to show you some crafty stuff I've been up to but alas there is none to show.

Seven years ago we started on an extension for our home. We really wanted it to match the rest of our 1930's house - in which we had strippped, stained and varnished all the skirting boards, architraves and windows. So we were building this grand extension and then I fell pregnant with bub no.3. I wouldn't say he wasn't a planned pregnancy, but after some difficulties with falling pregnant with no.2, and expecting to have to do all the charts, dates etc for another bub, for us to suddenly have a baby on the way when we had an 7 month old baby was a bit of a shock!And so soon I was 8 months pregnant, with a half finished extension (and not much money left), living in a unit and I suddenly decided I needed to get back into MY house. So we moved back in, naively thinking we would finish our building off as we lived in it.Yep, delusional. Three kids under 4 and extensions to finish...as if that was ever going to work!


Six years passed and we lived with no skirting boards, no picture rails, no architraves (and no doors!)

About 18 months ago we finally got all the timber necessary and started the long process of staining and varnishing.

Then in the last week we were speaking to a builder who, fortuitously for us, had a job fall through and was availabe now! Eeeekkk! Suddenly furniture needed to be removed, rooms were re-painted, kids found other places to sleep. And the dust...oh the dust is everywhere!!

But the end is in sight..I hope...

But on a quilty note, I bought this panel..and some matching fabric...

..to make a quilt for a new niece or nephew that is arriving soon.

If I was smart I would have left well enough alone and just put borders around it. But I'm never one to take the easy route (apparently), so I've cut it up and now I am trying to sew it back together into a reasonable looking baby quilt.

I'll let you know how it goes!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment