Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm a lucky duck


Yesterday I received in the post this lovely charm pack that I won on Gone Aussie Quilting. It's the new Denyse Schmidt fabric called Picnics and Fairgrounds. I was pretty chuffed to win - putting my "I never win anything" theory to rest! If you haven't checked out the Gone Aussie Quilting blog please do -I love her quilts, especially her use of colour!

And my new charm pack is resting on the new addition to our home. I was at the local tender shed, looking for a wardrobe and came home with a piano!! I figure with four kids, one has to be musical, right??!! (actually, seriously, we were looking for a piano as Sunshine Boy is going to start learning next year). I love that it's old, and just slightly battered. Slightly battered things work better in our house as I'm not good with the stress of trying to keep new things new with four kids! I'm sure with a polish up and a tune it will be great. (I did have it checked out by someone who knew pianos as my piano knowledge is very limited!)And it was a bargain - who sells a decent piano at a tender shed??!!

Oh, and if you are in the market for a huge old four-poster bed with posts the diameter of a pumpkin, and a fully carved wood canopy,do I have the shop for you!!

Hope you're having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. What brand is the piano? It does look nice. And hey, if none of the kids end up being musical, it might be good for another new hobby for yourself?

    ReplyDelete