Friday, June 3, 2011

One baby quilt (nearly) finished

So here's the panel shown in the previous post, sewn back together with a hotchpotch border in between the animals.



I find it interesting to see this quilt with just the first border sewn on. Frankly it's a bit "in-your-eye" at the moment but I think it will all "work" when the next border goes on. Just shows you that you should choose any borders all together and not one at a time. (well, I'm hoping that is what it is going to show you, and not just that my first border was a bad choice!! :-)

The builder is pretty much finished in our 2 story area and my daughter swept up 2 garbage bags of saw dust and shavings from the floor. Glad we don't have the carpet yet!

Hope you're having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. It's so cute and adorable! The animal prints are so charming, makes this quilt a stand out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too....I might have to put an order in....:)

    Just linked to your previous commenter...thought the name was interesting!

    ReplyDelete