Monday, July 4, 2011

And finally..some sewing

With my Sister-in-law's due date now looming close, I thought I had better get back to the baby quilt I've been making. I sewed on a couple of borders last Thursday when I went to sewing class.

I thought I would re-use the original border of the panel so I sewed it back on.


It's a bit tricky to see but it's kind of 3-D now (and ignore that string hanging out the top..cut that off as soon as I get off this computer.) It was fiddly to do and I'm not really sure it was worth it, but the theory was that it made it a bit tactile...


The backing fabric should have been some plainish something but I fell in love with this flannel from the Oz Material Girls - so many of the same animals - and it's flannel which might be good since this will be a winter baby.

It's interesting to get to (near) the end of a quilt and consider if it's really worked out. There's a few things I might change about this little quilt, but generally I feel it's a bright cheery thing and suitable for a little person to spit-up/poop on! *smile*

Hope you're having a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I love the border, it's fantastic! toni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Sheryl! I'm sure he/she will love it...and so will Mum and Dad. My mother in law embroidered calico quilts for two of our kids, and they are very special to us, one of those things that we'll keep and hand down to them later.

    ReplyDelete