Friday, July 29, 2011

A dilemma...

I was feeling pretty proud of myself as I'd actually finished something AND got a fair way along on a quilt I've started. Then I went to take some photos to show you. And realised I didn't have a clean surface in the house on which to place my quilt blocks to take a photo! Luckily my daughter had a cleanish desk, so I used that. How depressing...

Do you ever feel like you're running in a circle???

Either the house and garden looks half decent and I get no time to do the stuff I like to do, and end up feeling like I've lost who I really am, OR, I do some catching up with friends/quilting/reading and the house looks like it's been visited by a hurricaine. Dr Phil and Oprah keep telling me I deserve some "me" time..but does it get to come before keeping the house/paperwork/kids at a certain standard??

Is it possible to find a balance?

Anyway enough raving. Here is my blocks that I've made from the a jelly roll of Prayer Flag. Lots of 16 patch blocks...


And as for the item I have finished? Well it's a part of the TOMG's Christmas in July swap so I'd better show you that a bit later.....
Have a great week..off to find the kitchen benches/computer desk/kitchen table....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, exactly what you say. I've been feeling the same way. Backward running never going anywhere. But, if I devote myself to the house and chores only I get positively grumpier the longer I do it. NEED creative time, but hate the mess.

    ReplyDelete