Sunday, January 8, 2012

First finish for 2012.

Here's the quilt for Abi, my niece, all finished. The binding was sewn on by machine late last night so that it could be handed over this morning as her family were heading back after a holiday at our place.



(I did manage to incorporate the strip I cut from the side - as it was too wide - into the backing)


..and I love the ladybugs...
Quilted by the Jeanette of Gone Aussie Quilting.

It's been a frantically busy week here with my hubby's 40th birthday. The party was thrown together on the week before and I ended up feeding 50 people last Friday night. Luckily we had no rain on the night as I had no idea where everyone was going to fit in our house!


So hoping for a quiet week this week. Hope it's a good one for you!

2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt...I wish I had a relative who makes quilts for a hobby!?
    Glad you survived the birthday party, please say happy birthday to R from us!!

    ReplyDelete