Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Scrappy boy's eye spy quilt

Just before Christmas, Julie from Jewell's Quilting quilted three tops for me...some that had been waiting to be completed for yonks (an official unit of measure! 😜)

So I got the binding on the Eye Spy Quilt that I made earlier in the year to decrease my scraps. Making it a finish for this Quarters Finish-a-long! Woo hoo!



Helpfully held up by Sunshine Boy who tells me (between whinging) that he's get quite an expert at the gig! 

I was determined to use fabric from my stash for the binding so I picked this two tone blue chevron...and then had to try match stripes...I was quite proud of how I did, actually!


I machined the binding on, which I never seem to do very successfully, but I was in a rush. Think I'll go back to the longer process of hand sewing next time.

Anyway, hope you're having a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Your son has certainly mastered the art of quilt holding - I can tell from his expertly place stockinged feet poking out at the bottom. I'm a sucker for a scrap quilt and am about to try a machine binding. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete